Free for Members
Experience the exhibition before it opens to the public during our private Members' Preview. During this time, members have exclusive access to the exhibition galleries for a free first look of Wild: Michael Nichols.
- Friday, June 23, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 25, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Starts at 6:15 p.m.
Join Park House Guides on a tour of the Fairmount Water Works. Moderate walking involved. Weather permitting.
Starts at 2:15 p.m.
Claude Monet once said “I must have flowers, always, and always.” We could not agree more, so join us, as we stop to smell the roses, looking at flowers in art.
Join Park House Guides to learn about the history, architecture, and exterior sculpture that make the Museum a Philadelphia icon. Moderate walking involved. Weather permitting.
- Wednesday, July 5, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, July 28, 2017, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
Tour the Museum's American Collection as we celebrate U.S. independence.
- Thursday, July 6, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Sunday, July 9, 2017, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Saturday, July 22, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, July 27, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Explore the work of legendary photographer Michael Nichols and be transported to some of the most remote areas of the world through his split-second images.
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Sunday, July 23, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Saturday, July 29, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Friday, August 18, 2017, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Sunday, August 27, 2017, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
The Kretzschmar von Kienbusch Collection (galleries 245–249) features a remarkable selection of fine armor and arms. Learn how these objects were produced and how some can be traced back to the armories of powerful rulers.
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
- Friday, July 14, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, July 20, 2017, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
As a member, you're privy to a lot of insider info. Get the scoop at this free event and learn how to make the most of your membership, and then join us in the galleries to discover a few secrets of the collection. Afterward, meet fellow members and Museum staff over complimentary snacks. Members free. Space is limited and reservations are required.
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Ever look at art and just scratch your head? We all have, and we’re here to help. Join us for a lively, interactive tour that explores how to look at art in a new way. By understanding some basic symbols, stories, and metaphors that are commonly used by artists, you’ll be able to understand art as you never have.
Starts at 2:15 p.m.
Now offered on the third Wednesday of each month, this members-only tour provides an overview of some of the Museum’s most renowned treasures in a variety of media.
5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for a private tour of Citizens Bank Park’s artwork with exhibiting artist Max Mason. A life-long baseball fan, Mason was commissioned by the Phillies to paint three murals for the stadium. After the tour enjoy watching the Phillies play the Houston Astros from prime seats.
Conservators and curators offer up-close encounters with European paintings as they prepare these works for this fall's Old Masters Now exhibition. You'll hear from Museum staff about the responsibilities and rewards of caring for this extraordinary collection. Recommended for ages 13 and above
- Saturday, August 5, 2017, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
What does Philly do best? No, not cheesesteaks. ART! Featuring works by famous Philly artists, and images inspired by the city's most colorful characters, this tour is sure to bring out your inner Phanatic.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Friday, August 11, 2017, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
It’s sweet to be a new member and this Ice Cream Social is just one reason. Mingle with Museum staff and other new members in the tranquil Hamilton Gardens while enjoying complimentary ice cream. Then experience the work of celebrated French sculptor Auguste Rodin in the galleries. Rain Date: Sunday, August 20
Let your love of art and literature come together. Join us for coffee and a discussion of I am Venus: A Novel with author Barbara Mujica. This breathtaking historical novel reimagines the dramatic life and loves of the Baroque Spanish painter Diego Velázquez. The riveting account of a great artist's rise to prominence, this novel is set against the backdrop of political turmoil and romantic scandal.The Members' Book Club meets in the Library's Reading Room located on the second floor of the Perelman Building. Each session includes coffee and a discussion lead by our library staff.
- Thursday, August 17, 2017, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 19, 2017, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Free tickets required
Free for members
Experience the exhibition before it opens to the public during our private Members' Preview. During this time, members have exclusive access to the exhibition galleries for a free first look of Old Masters Now.
- Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
- Saturday, October 28, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 29, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Young Friends Events & ProgramsThrough a broad range of special events and educational activities organized around the Museum’s world-famous collections, the Young Friends provide a forum for increased appreciation of the arts.
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
You don't have to be a professional to experience the split-second magic of photography. Explore the Museum's surroundings and unlock your phones with street photographer and Instagram influencer @urphillypal as we learn more about Instagramming art, inspired by our newest exhibition Wild: Michael Nichols.
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Go off the beaten path and get access to sites along the Schuylkill Riverfront with Hidden City Philadelphia. Learn more about the city you love and the little known histories that go along with it. Then enjoy a nearby happy hour.
Associates and Chairman’s CouncilThrough unique and diverse events and exclusive access to Museum experts, Associates and Chairman's Council members witness firsthand how their support positively impacts the art, the people, and the programs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Sorry, but there are no longer any current events.......